Amps

[Amps] Marconi Canada BH100 Amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Marconi Canada BH100 Amp
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2024 14:14:02 -0400
Hi Guys,

I was gifted a Canadian Marconi BH-100 amp RF Deck, which is from the 80s.
It is a solid-state beast and covers 160-10, including the WARC bands.
It will output 1KW all day long.

I have the technical manual, and a 50v/50a supply for it.

It was sitting for years, and needs some repair.  My guess is it needs new
RF power transistors, which are bipolars.  Unfortunately, the manual only
shows the Canadian Marconi part number (and it may be a proprietary device).

Does anyone know the amp and might offer a substitute device?

73,

Gerry W1VE