Amps

[Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State

To: <w2xj@w2xj.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:01:30 +0000

I think we should also count pieces of incoming db lost by insertion of various
devices.

I know ever coax joint, every coax switch, and so on costs rcv db.

But what does an amp in line take away?  Tubes or SState better or worse?

Does an antenna tuner take away any parts of rcv db?

Inquiring minds want to know.  thanks, 73

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com