Amps

Re: [Amps] AL-811H

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811H
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:13:49 -0500
I havent had any H's come thru here that werent neutralized but extended
tuning does cook the suppressors on 10M.

I tear out that stuff and wrap the original coil around one of a pair of 100
Ohm Ohmite OY series resistors in parallel.

All the AL-811 family are quite unreliable due to a combination of bad tubes
from China, design, and QC. It is not on my recommended list unless its dirt
cheap and you use 572B's.

Carl
KM1H