Amps

[AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:01:58 +0100
Tom Rauch wrote:

>Correction.
>
>I left out the fact I used one ampere of load current in the example
>below:

With a 2600V/80-ohm transformer, the 6*1N5408 rectifiers I just posted,
a 30uF/2-ohm capacitor, 60Hz mains and 1A constant-current load, it
predicts an average for V(C1) of 3260V with ripple between 3359 and
3158.

Check?

Note that the figures in the table beside the check box are for the
time-frame of the *whole* analysis... including the start-up period.
To get correct steady-state figures, you have to set a reporting delay
and click Simulate again.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek