Amps

[AMPS] Statements

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Statements
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 98 18:35:45 -0600
Phil,

This is exactly what I said in my message earlier:

>>The input impedance is the ratio of input drive power to peak
>>cathode current.

>Thos are the incorrect statements.  And some of the other
voltage/current/power stuff people
>wrote about input impedances did not follow Ohms law.  Of course, I said some
incorrect
>stuff too and all you kind folks are helping me to learn......

This statement IS incorrect no matter how you slice it.  Impedance is NOT
the ratio of P/I.  It's the ratio of P/(I^2).  Since then you pointed
this out.

I am sorry if you are offended by me pointing this out, but what you said
(in double quotes) has the units of Volts not Ohms.  Sorry.............

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden