Amps

Fwd: [AMPS] Benefit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [AMPS] Benefit
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 98 23:19:46 -0600
>and it makes me feel good to  be a rookie and break into a pile with only a
>hundred watts and seems like timing to me means alot!!.....I just am getting
>ready to recieve and hook up a 811H and am wonder if it will be of
>use!!........Have busted pileups with guys running Jillawatts and i hope the
>investment will be worth it!!....oh...BTW
>am running one of the worthless Mosely TA-36's(according to one of the posts
>on the
>other reflectors.....)

My man!  I've done the same thing you have.  All the power in the world
will not substitute for good operating skill and timing.  It's like
fishing.  The guy with all the fancy lures might not catch a thing, but
the guy with the hook, bobber and worm catches the record fish.

As for the TA-36, who said it was worthless?  I'd like to show him a
thing or two.  Bull you know what it's a worthless antenna.  I've got one
an LOVE it.  I've NEVER heard a bad thing about that one.  Anyhow, that's
off topic........ :-)

73,

Jon
KE9NA