Amps

Re: [Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20

To: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>, amps@contesting.com, markbitterlich@embarqmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20
From: Mark Bitterlich via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 18:16:10 -0400
I understand the concept where some folks think that no one should own
something that could be used illegally. That being said, I am not even sure
that this amplifier will be used in this country. I do know that there are
other countries that don't have the same regulations the U.S. has. Anyway ...
This is an "Amplifier" group. I build HF amplifiers myself, use amps others
have built, and even own a few Henry amps, one being an 8K, which can easily
exceed FCC power regulations.  I have learned a lot (my goal) from all of them,
including this build. Especially this build. De wa3jpy
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com> Date:
9/20/24  5:27 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: amps@contesting.com Subject: Re: [Amps] 12 KW
CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20 Pete,Technically, it's neat
thing to follow.  It is my understanding the owner plans on using it on the
air.  If so, IMHO, this is just a display of a low level of personal integrity.
 No way to justify it when compared to the rules (laws).73 de Steve, NR4MOn
9/20/2024 4:33 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:> OK, I'm obviously coming to this
really late, but I'm perplexed - what > is the point of a 12 KW CCS amplifier
in the amateur service, where > power is limited to 1500 watts?>> 73, Pete
N4ZR>> On 9/20/2024 3:42 PM, jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net wrote:>> 12 KW CCS ON
160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20>>>> Misc info on how this project
goes together.>> Bottom of RF deck cabinet will hold the blower, fil xfmr, etc,
etc.>>>> The HV supply will reside in a separate cabinet, with the pair of 150
lb>> magnespec plate xfmrs, FWB assy, contactors, 20 x 2500uf lytics etc.>>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOYflhiVcE>>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOYflhiVcE&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0Wn66_Wn8djHY-oBiX32ZExYNXV5snPSrfFZ6tIsfPPzriv3CB5hT_YbI_aem_ZX-MtgXF4GwRIehfEDLa_g>