Amps

Re: [Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20

To: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20
From: Mark Bitterlich via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2024 12:45:49 -0400
Late reply, sorry. I've been without email. I'm unsure who is going to
"buy/use/own" it. I never heard him say it was for personal use. Regardless, as
much as it might irk some folks, I do not define "integrity" as owning or
building something that could be used illegally. Such a wide interpretation
could be applied to most anything (cars, firearms, knives, radios that can
transmit out of band, amplifiers outputting more than 1500 watts etc.). You're
welcome to your own interpretation of course, but when you express an opinion
that by it's nature conveys a personal slur as in: "shows a low level of
personal integrity" and you state it publically in front of one's peers, that
borders on slander. In fact, since the builder owns a business building and
repairing amplifiers, it actually fully qualifies as slander. Yes, everybody
can say most anything on Facebook and are never held accountable for it. That
(IMHO) is the very worst thing about Sociel Media.73,De wa3jpy
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com> Date:
9/20/24  7:10 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Mark Bitterlich
<markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>, amps@contesting.com Subject: Re: [Amps] 12 KW
CCS ON 160-15M....USING THE 3CX-6000A7..... PART 20
    Hello Mark,
    I'm pretty sure I heard him say that this was his 'personal amp'.
    I've built my share of high power amps, which could exceed the
      FCC limits, but I don't.

    Decades ago, someone once told me 'Integrity is what you do when
      no one is looking', and I think it's really a good definition.

    The amp builder/owner of this amp seems to be building a really
      solid amp.  What he does with it, is his business, not mine.
    73 Steve, NR4M

    On 9/20/2024 6:16 PM, Mark Bitterlich
      wrote:

      I understand the concept where some folks think that no one should
      own something that could be used illegally.

      That being said, I am not even sure that this
        amplifier will be used in this country. I do know that there are
        other countries that don't have the same regulations the U.S.
        has.

      Anyway ... This is an "Amplifier" group. I build
        HF amplifiers myself, use amps others have built, and even own a
        few Henry amps, one being an 8K, which can easily exceed FCC
        power regulations.  I have learned a lot (my goal) from all of
        them, including this build. Especially this build.

      De wa3jpy