Amps

Re: [Amps] SB-200

To: w7why@frontier.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 20:37:04 -0500 (EST)
This wouldn't be a case of the input switch wafer out of alignment with the
 output wafer would it?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 2/8/2012 8:33:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
w7why@frontier.com writes:

Hi  All.

I have a SB-200 and it developed a problem in the last week or  so.

When tuning up on 40, the Load cap is all the way meshed and the  Tune cap
is
about 50% meshed.  It puts out about 400 watts on  40.  On 40, the input
SWR
is 1:1.

In 80 the Load cap is all  the way meshed.  It puts out about 200 watts.
The
input SWR is  1:1.

I checked to make sure the 2 sections of the Load cap were  soldered
together
OK and they are.  I disconnected the cap that is  switched in on 80 and
replaced it with another one and still doing the  same thing.

If the tubes are going soft, will it affect the tuning like  that?  Seems
like I've replaced the tubes before but never had the  problem of the Load
cap being all the way meshed to load on 40.   Thanks and 73
Tom  W7WHY