Amps

Re: [Amps] digital wattmeter

To: g8gsq@eltac.co.uk, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] digital wattmeter
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:59:09 EDT
Steve....agreed and I know about the accuracy over and above a flat SWR,  but
my primary reason was for testing into a Dummy load (Bird Dummy load).   I
wanted the digital readout for easy reading of power for video purposes.
Trying to read the hash marks on an analog meter while watching a video is
difficult.  Being able to look at a digital watt meter during a video is a  lot
easier for the viewer.  Not only for a key down reading of power  output, but
the
digital meter will hold the highest PEP power in a series of  syllables.
Eventually I will be posting a video on YOU TUBE.  When I  do I will put the
link
here for those of you to view.  I e-mailed N8LP  about buying an LP-100A.  I
had an overwhelming response form most of you  in favor of this unit.  I dare
not disagree with some of those who e-mailed  me personally on the question I
posted.  I am sure the other meters are  just as good, but I went with the
majority.  Again, thanks to everyone who  offered there rsponse to my question.
 73
Lou