Amps

Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:11:20 +0000
Somebody wrote (sorry, the direct message didn't arrive here):
>> Do you have a schematic for such an "accelerator" circuit or can you
>> point me at one in the published literature?

>http://www.somis.org/D-a-07B.jpg
>
>Paul, W9AC

There is also a circuit originated by K1KP, and publicized by K6XX,
which does not need a high voltage rail. It works directly from the
relay's existing supply rail.

This whole thing is a race against time to avoid hot-switching, so it's
vital not to waste valuable milliseconds using a relay-driven PTT output
from the transceiver. It's got to be the fast solid-state output.

The version of the K1KP/K6XX on my website includes a low-voltage
interface that will work with even the wimpiest solid-state output.
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/in-prac/best-of.htm#speedup

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK