Amps

Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:44:00 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:13:21 -0400, "Gary Schafer"
<garyschafer@comcast.net> wrote:

>Putting a connector thru the screen will pass energy as it would thru any
>coax line. The center conductor and the inside of the shield.

REPLY:

Then how about the case where inside the amp, instead of a Pl-259
connector, the builder strips back the insulation, solders a separate
wire to the braid and runs that to a ground lug on one of the SO-239
mounting holes? Are you saying the grounded side of the RF will not
pass through the chassis?

If that's so, how is my amp working? Because that's how it's wired.

73, Bill W6WRT