Amps

Re: [Amps] Drake L-4B fan - too small and too slow?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L-4B fan - too small and too slow?
From: Alan Ibbetson <alan@g3xaq.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:17:47 +0000
Thanks for all the help and advice. Although muffin fans on top will
help clear hot air out of the case, the off-list consensus is that they
won't do much to cool the valve seals. A big muffin fan might be useful
for pushing air into the existing L4-B fan, so long as the air is
"de-spun" with baffles. For me, the easiest (if ugly) short term fix is
to remove the existing impeller and bolt a junk box blower to the back
of the amplifier.

Of all the suggestions, this one looks the most promising

>Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:37:03 -0500
>From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>

>I'm holding in my hands (well not as I type this but I was holding it) a
>Dayton 4C761 fan (see pictures at
>http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/dayton_blower.htm or
>http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemI
>d=1611630880)
>
>The Dayton 4C761 fan is rated at 50CFM, 2840RPM, 115VAC 60hz.

This should blow a whole lot more air than the existing 1550 rpm blower.
I'll have one of my work colleagues ship one over.

--

Thanks again,

Alan G3XAQ
alan@g3xaq.demon.co.uk