Antennaware

[Antennaware] Traps

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Traps
From: "Frank" <fravin@glocalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:33:15 +0100
Hi
I follow with great interest the discussion regarding using a trap in the
inverted L-config for the
80/160m bands.
Iam in the processing of building one antennas and was thinking of more like a
battle creek antenna without the 40M trap.But then I recall someone writing
somewhere about using a  LC parallell
circuit designed for the geometrical center of the two freq. i.e for 1.82 and
3.6 = 2.56 Mhz
As i understand on 160m the lc-circuit would act as a inductor  and on 80M
would act as a capacitor thereby using the whole antenna on both bands.Could a
coaxial trap be used for this
and where on the antenna would this be placed ?
Has anyone tried this ?

73/frank/SM5QU