Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] Terminated Vertical

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Terminated Vertical
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:10:53 -0600
Oops, I need to retract the statement:

> In the process, I did discover an antenna with a good hemispherical
> pattern
> (omnidirectional in both azimuth and elevation) -- two K9AY Loops placed
> side-by side (in parallel, spaced several feet apart), oriented in
> opposite
> directions and fed with 180 deg. phase shift. This might be useful for
> something, since hemispherical patterns are typically hard to obtain.

The above configuration has a null straight up, like a vertical. This is the
closest I came to broadband "element" with a well-controlled feedpoint
impedance.

There was some other configuration that provided near-hemispherical
coverage, but I didn't save the file in EZNEC and can't recall what it was.

73, Gary
K9AY