Antennaware

[Antennaware] Model for Trapped tribander with log cell feed

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Model for Trapped tribander with log cell feed
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:18:40 -0500
>I am attempting to model a CC X9 tribander which has trapped
>directors and log cell feed. Has anyone done this? It is a formidable
>project for an inexperienced modeler.

Howard,

What I've done in the past ... depending on what you are looking
for the modeling to show ... is to simply use a "monoband model"
with a similar overall boom length. For example, a 26' boom on a
tribander, I'd suggest using a 204BA model, or the specs for a
similar antenna.

Now ... No, this won't tell you if you XYZ tribander has either 8.01
dB of gain verses 8.31 dB of gain ... but what it does allow you to
do is see the "relative" numbers, like the angle of radiation for
seeing what the changes in height make do to the lobes ...

A super accurate model for the CC X9 represents some major
challenges ... but perhaps if you try what I have described above
you can at least get some of the relative numbers for study there.

73 Billy AA4NU