Antennaware

R: R: [antennaware] Feeding cable lenght

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: R: R: [antennaware] Feeding cable lenght
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 01:14:32 +0200

Already you got the answer by Serge, if into the line there
is an High SWR (like in the well known 1:4 coaxial balun)
and if the line is long this can be a considerable amount
of extra losses added.
I can also add that much less than 1:12 SWR is enough to
rise coaxial lines losses while open wires are much less
subject to this effect.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

> If you use 600 ohm line, and load impedence is 50 ohms to
> 50 ohms, the only loss will be the normal attenuation of a line
> of that length. SWR is and will indicate 1:1

    But SWR in any point of this line will be 600/50=12:1.
And attenuation in line will be bigger then when SWR 1:1.
SWR never depends of line length.
(It will be only better on trx side because of losses in line).

73 de Serge UT2IO.