Antennaware

[antennaware] Modeling an EF-240S

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Modeling an EF-240S
From: Gary Breed" <gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:54:28 -0400
Pete

I would be wary of substituting lumped inductors for linear loading.  You
want to represent the harmonic resonances and changing the loading type
will very likely make a difference (can't say how much, though).  If you
model the linear loading stubs, be sure to set up the segmentation to align
the
pulses on adjacent wires.  NEC and MININEC aren't real happy with
extremely close spacing, but will tolerate the condition with pulses
aligned.

The designer should have made sure that the 3rd harmonic resonance falls
well outside any ham band by wise placement of the loading.  Maybe F12
already knows the answer you're looking for.

73, Gary
K9AY