Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] Follow Up - Velocity factor of insulated wire

To: <4nec2@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Follow Up - Velocity factor of insulated wire
From: dj2ya@t-online.de (Ulrich Weiss)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:40:40 +0200
hello Arie,

thanks for your contribution... your figures come very close to my empirical
data when analysing dipoles (of exactly the same length in exactly the same
place on the same day in bright sunshine all day) for 14 MHz using different
kinds of materials, insulations, thicknesses, diameters etc....
obviously there is a flaw in Roys formula as well... some people erroneously
think that he employs NEC/4 with EZNEC 4.0 when taking wire insulation into
consideration...

regards

Uli, DJ2YA