Antennaware

R: [antennaware] Feeding cable lenght

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [antennaware] Feeding cable lenght
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:07:45 +0200
-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: Stefan Samu <isamu@netsoft.ro>
A: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Data invio: lunedì 2 agosto 1999 20.29
Oggetto: [antennaware] Feeding cable lenght

> Hi to all,
>
> I have spent a lot of time to calculate the feeding coaxial cable to my
> 40m inv "V" antenna. I know if I get waveleght/2 or its multiplies the
> antenna impedance comes down to the radio and I eliminate the loss.

....everything in your statements works until last four words.

The only loss you can eliminate is eventually that one between
cable and RTX at transmitter edge, value that comes out when
antenna and/or line are different, and/or different than RTX
impedance.
You can use what so ever cable impedance to feed a 50 Ohm
antenna into a 50 Ohm transmitter, but inherent cable losses
will occurr.

To minimize coax losses match antenna to RTX and line
impedance.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Is