Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] Help with modelling phased Flags

To: <Antennaware@contesting.com>,"David Gould" <david.gould@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Help with modelling phased Flags
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:16:08 -0500
If you are using EZNEC and have the wire structure for the flags,
setting phase is easy.

1) model each flag with a source record (the two sources will be
assumed to be fed in parallel).

2) on the Sources window set the offset flag to "160" under "Phase".

This will allow you to check out the model and get your understanding
of the phasing confirmed.

Since these two antennas are lossy, the interaction will be very
slight, and assuming attention is paid to equal construction and
getting a 50 ohm feed, the usual two to one devices will work, with
160 degrees more 50 ohm coax to the flag doing the lagging.

Guy.