Antennaware

[antennaware] RP question

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] RP question
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth Earl Harker)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:31:25 -0500 (CDT)
   In NEC2, it seems that the presence of a GN card in the input file
will cause NEC not to compute output (RP) for theta > 90.0 regardless
of how the RP card is specified.  This is turning out to be very
annoying for my visualization project.

   Is this, in fact, a feature and not a bug?  I have a .nec file with the
following card in it:

GN  1   0   0    0  0.00E+00  0.00E+00  0.00E+00  0.00E+00 0.00E+00  0.00E+00

   Is there any way I can have NEC compute pattern, with the ground
factored in, and still get a full 360 degree pattern in both theta and
phi?  Or at least 360 degrees in one and 180 degrees in the other?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  antennaware-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-antennaware@contesting.com