Antennaware

[antennaware] Radial Study (long)

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Radial Study (long)
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:29:34 -0700

Dave,

Your data are quite interesting.  Can you tell me what the
configuration of the other elements was while you were measuring
the self impedance of each one?  Were they open circuited,
grounded, removed from the array, terminated in a load, or
connected to the phasing harness?

With your excellent ground system, it is extremely unlikely that
local ground conditions are the entire reason for the high
feedpoint resistances.  Particularly on 40 meters where it
extends far enough to cover virtually all of the near field zone.

Please keep us updated as you proceed.

73, Eric  N7CL

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>

--