Antennaware

[antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:35:17 -0700

Hi Pat,

There is a voltage loop a the ends of the antenna whether it is
resonant or not.  The thing that creates the voltage loop at the
end is the fact that the wire stops there.  There is no place for
the charge to continue to travel to past the end of the
conductor.  So it is forced to accumulate there.  Another way to
say this is that the current must go to zero there.

73, Eric  N7CL

BTW, I would also like to offer many thanks to LB for a great web
page...

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html