Antennaware

[Antennaware] re: ground parameters

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] re: ground parameters
From: carsten.steinhoefel@web.de (carsten.steinhoefel@web.de)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:58:00 +0200
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I suspected ground parameters would be below "average ground", but I didn't
know how much. Not that it would make much difference, but I wanted to base
my calculations on a somewhat reasonable value.

I know I can't change what I have, but I could select the antenna
accordingly. Like you said, horizontal over poor ground, vertical over
salt water.

The actual situation is, I have a 70ft tower and need a 80m contest antenna
(i.e. a DX antenna, no problem if it only favours one direction). I may
have additional supports, but that is not sure yet. Currently I favour a
vertically polarized Delta Loop, but I am still experimenting with EZNEC.

73 Carsten DL1EFD