Antennaware

[antennaware] Elevated Radials

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Elevated Radials
From: davidg@primenet.com (David Gilbert)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:01:01 -0700

One possibility might be to string two radials roughly inline and feed them
as if they were a dipole -- trim the dipole to resonance and use that
length for all the radials you decide to use (although two work fine and
four is plenty).

On the other hand, the models I've run indicate that the length of the
radials is not critical -- cutting them to the formula for a 1/4 wave wire
should be fine.   There is little effect on the radiation pattern, although
there is some minor effect on the radiation impedance.

73,
Dave   AB7E