Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles

Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles
From: Ross Primrose <n4rp@aiko.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:19:04 -0500
You might also look at a 20m vertical end-fed Zepp, if you make the
matching section out of coax, iy could be on the ground, and essentially
part of the feedline...

73, Ross N4RP

> This may be slightly off-topic but hopefully not too much!!
>
> I would like to build a vertical dipole for 20m with the bottom about
> 1m off the ground, to compliment a beam, to give me a quick
> omni-directional alternative.
>
> What are the potential problems,  or issues to be aware of if I were
> to take the coax feedline down the centre of the tubing that makes
> the lower section of the dipole.  I have seen several alternatives
> where the coax is taken away from the centre of the dipole parallel
> to the ground, but I would prefer not to do this.
>
> Any thoughts gratefully received.  I guess a good feedline current
> choke might be a good idea at the base.
>
> Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for the various help over the years.
>
> 73,
> Dave, G3UEG

> End of Antennaware Digest, Vol 72, Issue 5

FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”