Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] G5RV balun question

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] G5RV balun question
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:52:00 -0500
 John AF5CC wrote:

I have a G5RV type antenna I homebrewed. It is around 100 feet long,
fed in the center with around 25 feet Radio Shack twin lead (300ohm).
At the end of the twin lead is currently a HI-Q brand 4:1 voltage
balun, and then a run of 75ohm coax to the shack.  I want to replace
the balun with something that will keep RF off of the coax shield-I
understand I need a current balun for this.  What are the best brands
and models to use for this?

It is the nature of a G5RV to not have a balun there. You have something else. Any balun should keep the RF off of the coax, I think the RF is getting back onto the coax below the balun somehow.

--
Ron - KA4INM