Antennaware

[antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders
From: Patrick.Wintheiser@PSS.Boeing.com (Wintheiser, Patrick)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:32:38 -0800
  Ok,  thanks everyone for the great responses.  My confusion lies with the
'apparent' lengthening of the antenna by using ladder line. I put up up an
80 meter dipole last summer with about 60' of ladder line and discovered
that I was resonant in the 160 meter band, and not on 80 !.  This created a
problem for me as it appeared that the feedline was changing my resonance by
adding to the overall antenna length.  If thats the case,  then feedline
does effect resonance.  However,  coax feed does not cause the same
lengthening. Did I miss something here ?
  You guys are helping me come closer to the answer.  Keep it up !
  Pat W0OPW

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com