Antennaware

[antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders
From: Patrick.Wintheiser@PSS.Boeing.com (Wintheiser, Patrick)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 07:58:05 -0800
  Thanks LB for continuing to educate me.  By the way,  I just love your '12
ways to love your feeders' on your Web page.  I have studied that very
closely.
 I spent a few hours in the antenna handbook last nite and extracted a gem
that  I'll remember in the future.  "There is always a voltage loop at the
end of a resonant antenna". P26.2 .  In my original question,  I forgot to
think about the ends of the antenna.  In essence,  I was resonant on the 80
m band no matter what the feed length.
 Now,  on a non-resonant antenna,  does a tuner create a voltage loop at the
end of the antenna(Assuming the reactance is cancelled) ?.
   Pat  W0OPW

  New phone:  425-957-5137
          MS:       7M-AR

--