Antennaware

[Antennaware] Receiving Loop

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Receiving Loop
From: JMLTINC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:47:46 EDT
Hi folks,

I am new to the reflector and have a burning need to learn about small (less
than .1wl), shielded (coax) magnetic loops. Specifically, I would like a
source of design formulae (are ON4UN's accurate and complete on this subject?),
would like to know how distributed capacitance of the coax affects size and
matching, would like to know how diameter of the loop and of the coax change
characteristics of the loop, and why most designs use RG-59 coax.

Is there a definitive read on this subject?

Thanks to all,
John, N9RF