CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] The King (Packet cluster network) is dead! Long live th

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The King (Packet cluster network) is dead! Long live the King
From: "Edward" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:10:24 -0400
Very interesting discussion.  I don't dispute Jose's end conclusions that
Skimmer will continue to impact contesting and I am okay with it as long as
those participating with it are competing amongst themselves.  I will be
sure to "conform" to the right was to ID to make sure my station shows up to
this world of potential QSOs.

I disagree that all, or even the majority, of the QSO increases are because
of packet though.  Its much more likely what K1TN said about boomers PLUS
the fact that many countries have free'd up operating in significant ways
over the past 30 years (BY, SP, UA, ZA, etc etc).

So what about SSB?  Where does that go from here.  No skimmer there yet.
How long before digital IDs are overlaid on our SSB signals to give skimmer
a "tag".

Ed