CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 05:47:24 -0800
Jim Neiger, N6TJ (ZD8Z, 9Y4AA, et.al.), wrote:

Ø  Just some senile ramblings from someone who's been there and got a
T-Shirt................

A tongue-in-cheek closing statement from my very good (?old/senior?) friend
for more than 40 years.

Although Jimbo & I have not always seen eye-to-eye on certain aspects of
Contesting ?Rules? (Iike categories & hours), we have always agreed 100% on
the issue of ?Cheating?, and I fully support what he has to say here.

When Jim and I had our INTENSE personal DX Contest competitions many years
ago as guest ops at other stations, if he beat me, I always knew it was fair
and square, and when I beat him, likewise.  It?s called Integrity.  I think
Major League sports competitions probably operated on the same basis for
many years.  However, there is a simple reason why ?Drug Testing? was
introduced and found its way to the forefront:  ?Cheaters? (steroids).

Are there monitors at WRTC events just because they have nothing better to
do in life?

Sadly, short of having a monitor for every contest entrant, a difficult
challenge exists here.  Of course any monitors would also need to submit to
a polygraph test before final scores are published to insure that no bribes
were taken from the unscrupulous.

Like the Internet, we have a Contesting Cesspool on our hands.

73?

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust