CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"

To: "'Robert Naumann'" <w5ov@w5ov.com>,"'Mark Beckwith'" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:04:03 -0400

> Many of the people who are now active don't have the
> background that many of
> us 'OT's (no pun intended) do of coming up through the
> traffic handling ranks where the didit dit method was learned
> back in the last millennium.

Ah, Bob you said all!

The "ie", "AS", "e" and all those other NTS shortcuts we all learned as kids
seem to have been lost in this new age.  I've found that "?" with a "C"
response still works most of the time.  After all, many of us who still work
CW cut our teeth in the old NTS system, but I'm sure there are many "new"
hams who aren't familiar with the OT's shortcuts.  I have a different slant
on keeping run spots  in contesting since I'm not out for a place in the top
box, just out to have some fun.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"