CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:40:09 -0700

Syl, VE5ZX, wrote:

> The club station was quite an active contest station through the 1960s/70s.
> Hmmmm - I guess I am getting up there in contest participation years too :)

Perhaps it might help better motivate all of us to take more action to recruit
new Contesters into the fold if event Sponsors would start requiring "Age" with
the log submissions and include same in published results (excepting YL's &
XYL's, of course :-)

Being able to do some statistical sorts & analysis should boldly confirm year
by year that Contesting as we know it is on more of a fast track to extinction
than most realize...unless a heck of a lot of "new blood" is recruited and
elemered ASAP.

IMHO & 73...

Rick, K6VVA
"Age 62" and considerably more aware (daily) of how fast time is not passing,
but RUSHING by ;-(