CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] [Fwd: Re: 2006 Pa QSO Party Plans]

To: "'Doug Smith W9WI'" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"'cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Fwd: Re: 2006 Pa QSO Party Plans]
From: "CW Sanders" <no5w@consolidated.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:58:17 -0500
Doug --

While we're shamelessly plugging software here's one in response to your
note.

>>(I think logging >>software authors may need to pay some attention to
>>better handling mobile operations)

The freeware I described in the May/June 2006 NCJ includes many features to
assist the mobile operator. It automatically detects what county the mobile
is in and changes all associated messages and logging if the mobile operator
provides a GPS. If the operator provides a trip plan rather than a GPS he
can press a single function key to have all of the necessary county
changeover tasks performed. It also tracks time in county and, if a GPS is
available, will provide estimated time to next county. A number of other
features are described in the NCJ article.

Although Tennessee is not currently one of the supported parties it is near
the top of the list for future development. Check out the NCJ article and if
you or any of the TN mobiles are interested let me know.

73/Chuck/NO5W