CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] New Radios

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Radios
From: "Marijan Miletic', S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:20:16 +0200
KR2Q_rp wrote:  If you measure your logic again in, say, 3 years, the results
may change
because by then, I suspect that most contesters will be using the K3 (ie, no
learning curve cuz it's already the radio they know).

Once upon a time we all used radios with first IF within HF range but
eventually TV helped with 45 MHz filters.  Collins recommended filters above 90
MHz.  Now we can buy SSB filter for 70 MHz.

I hope hamradio will not go backward due to $2K+ "Made in USA" radios of 1960's
design with sharp CW crystal filters.  At least SDR learnt a lesson and offers
11 poles input filters now suitable for SO2R and M/M environment.  VHF weak
signal scene is another story of oscilator noise limits.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  I hope my English polished for a week in London is understandable :-)