CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted?

To: <k7qq@netzero.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted?
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:19:29 -0400
K7QQ asked "If   I ask someone  during a QSO if they have heard a NE station  I
don't consider it assisted if they say  yes they are on 14.296.00345   ...
IS Quack outta Line  ???"

With all respect, Rex, I think we should not do that if we are single-op.
Never mind what the rules say about packet and spotting nets nowadays.  Go back
30 or 40 years and ask if was OK when all we had was HF.

Your point about doing it right there in the Contest, where anybody else could
hear you, makes it a little better, but there is still room for abuse.  For
example, I have five QRV hams within a few blocks of me.  None are active in
contests.  How about if I encourage them to operate SS, and encourage them to
build their multiplier total, and encourage them to be on 10M at certain times.
 Then, when I happen to work them on 10M, I happen to ask them if they have
heard VY1 or DE or whatever.  Would THAT be OK?

(Secondary question -- If I do all the arranging before the contest, is it OK
for me to get those guys to work me in SS CW?  I could use the boost.)

73, Art K3KU
"Tune for maximum fun"