CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] TO2SP DXpedition (including CQWW CW)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TO2SP DXpedition (including CQWW CW)
From: "Rich Assarabowski" <konecc@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 08:05:19 -0500
We will activate TO2SP from November 16 to November 30, 2017.

-----

I've joined up with a group of my SP friends for a DXpedtion to St.
Barthelemy (aka "St. Barts), prefix is FJ.  If you're wondering what's with
the TO call, the French telecommunications agency issues TO calls to any
multi-op operation in their jurisdiction (which includes their overseas
territories), which unfortunately makes it impossible to identify the
country by the TO prefix.

Here's our web site with all the details - http://to2sp.dxing.pl   We'll
also be on for CQWW CW in M/? (TBD).   It won't be a competitive effort as
we only have wire antennas and 500W amplifiers, but it'll still be a lot of
fun to pass out a new multiplier.  All the guys are seasoned DXpeditioners,
they've been DXpeditioning every year for a number of years.  Everything we
need will be brought with us as hand luggage - so no aluminum antennas, just
wires!

We have a nice location on the north coast of the island on a bluff with a
270 deg shot over water.  St. Barts is a very up-scale island and is very
much in vogue with the well-to do, celebrities, models and socialites.
Finding a suitable house to rent was a challenge (especially from a cost
point of view!).   Our lot is small but bigger than most and the location is
second to none.

We plan on hitting 160m especially hard.   Our receive antennas will be a
compromise because of very limited space, but we'll do the best we can.
We'll also be on FT8 on 10m and 6m with our spare radio which will be a
completely new experience for all of us.  So keep an eye on us, please spot
us when you hear us (but not too often!) and work us everywhere.  We're
unlikely to accept QSY requests to another band since we will be mostly
running, but we'll be happy to give you a time when we expect to be on that
band.  Between RBN and Cluster spots, it should be easy to find us.

GL to all in CQWW CW and see you in the pileups!

--- Rich K1CC