CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers
From: "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:12:45 -0500
I understand NQ4I's complaints.  He feels like too much time is being
wasted on domestic QSO's that don't count.  But then again, NQ4I is
one of the loudest signals on the band and that attracts S&P contacts.

I'm usually one of those S&P'ers.  I hate calling another US station
to get a mult.  I feel guilty.  But I need the mult like everyone else does.
In CQ WW SSB, I made 11 contacts with US stations on six bands,
mainly to get the US mult and zone 3.

I'm one of those people that called NQ4I on 160 meters.  I needed the
mult.  He was my fifth contact at 0042Z the first night.   Don't NIL me.

I had 3 US QSO's on 75 meters.  I called K7RL for zone 3.  The other
two Q's came from people responding to my CQ's.  One guy apologized
for calling me saying he needed the mult.

On 40 meters, I not only needed the US mult, but zone 5 as well,
so I went looking for US stations calling CQ just before sunrise
on Sunday morning.  I found WW4LL who gave me the Q.
Please don't NIL me.

On 20, I called W6YI for zone 3 and the US mult.  I called an EA
who was portable W0 by accident, because I didn't hear the W0
part of his call.  And then I mistakenly called 4U1WB because
my 9-week old kid was screaming at the top of his lungs in my lap.

On 15 meters, I called N2IC for zone 4, since I didn't think I would
find any zone 4 Canadians (I was right.)  I called N7DD for zone 3.
I'm glad I did, because I didn't get any VE's from zone 3 on 15m.
Please don't NIL me.

On 10 meters, I called W3LPL for a combo zone 5 and US mult.
Please don't NIL me.

When I called CQ, I made sure I asked only for VE and DX.
I specifically asked for VE's on 75 meters and had a number of
them reply to my calls.

It is a "DX" contest after all.  It is called CQ WW DX.  It is not
called the CQ WW QSO Party.

Jamie NS3T