CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Re; Use of remote receivers at "HQ" station in IARU con

To: "'David Siddall'" <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re; Use of remote receivers at "HQ" station in IARU contest
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 07:24:08 -0800
Thanks, this definitely clears that up.  One thing that was confusing for me
was … I did look at the contest rules on the ARRL Web Site, and while it stated
that HQ stations could be at multiple sites, as long as they were in the same
ITU Zone, I just didn’t see anything about antenna location.  I assumed
therefore that it defaulted to the standard rules, which allow the use of
remote, but state that all antennas need to be within x number of feet/meters
of the station.  I agree, that under these rules, DA0HQ did a nice job.  I will
say, I sure hope this remain a forever very rare exception to this rule.
Remoting is one thing, allowing in effect separate TX and RX locations changes
things drastically (though it was a heck of a lot of fun when I was a Shore
Station op), and we all know that there are already stations doing it.

73

Steve KL7SB