CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Morse Not Dead!!!

To: vo1he@rac.ca, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Morse Not Dead!!!
From: Claude Du Berger <duberger.miousse81@globetrotter.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:37:02 -0400
In my Hanbook for Radio Operators 1961 edition under Distress Signal I can read:
In radiotelegraphy the distress signal consists of the group
...---... (symbolised by sos) transmitted  as a single signal in which the
dashes are
emphasised so as to b e distringuished clearly from the dots.

The distress call sent by radiotelegraphy consists of:
the distress signal SOS (without space) sent three times, the word DE and the
call sign
of the mobile station in distress, sent three times.

73 de Claude VE2FK