CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] re: LZ DX Contest ...uniques removed

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: LZ DX Contest ...uniques removed
From: "yt3t" <yt3t@absolutok.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:23:37 +0200
> 1. Only QSOs with stations who have worked at least two other participants
> in the contest have been counted as valid. ( This means all unique QSOs
from
> your log have been removed ).

Instead of removing uniques, who make it very difficult to be in anyone's
log, I suggest that a committee remove those who make it easy in everyone's
log, like KC1XX, K3LR, N2RM, HC8N...

Working unique is definetly an effort for both sides, that generates a
requirement for better receiver, better antenna, better location, better
skills, while [otoh] working big guns is such a peace of cake that actually
embarasses true excitment for a contest entrant...

So, once there is a station that makes more than 100QSO/hour, all their QSOs
should be penalized in other logs, of their correspodents. Thus, little
pistols would pay attention to others of similair size, unique ones will try
to work more guys, since they can never be sure if the worked ones are the
biggies to be penalized afterwards, and finally, the big guns would have
more Qs in their logs with very little uniques... And everyone will have
more fun.

73 Kele YU1AO

http://QSLL.com