CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: "'Steve Harrison'" <k0xp@dandy.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:46:57 -0400
Steve writes:

> It would be far better and easier for all concerned if the
> rattiers simply stayed up the band as they used to.

International RTTY never stayed "up the band."

> This would be easy for the ratty contest sponsors to control:
> simply list subband limits for their contes in their rules.

That is not possible.  The "RTTY" band for Regions 1 and 3
*IS* 7040 +/- activity.  Centering RTTY activity on 7070 is
simply not possible in most areas until the rest of the
world gets access to 7000-7100 and Regions 1/3 update their
bandplans.  Even then, I doubt you will see much movement
relieve the pressure around 7040 although it may help some
between 7025 and 7035.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV