CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Abuse - An Intermediate Suggestion

To: "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Abuse - An Intermediate Suggestion
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:29:08 +0000
Spotting prefix only will break the spotting network filters and log program
filters that sort the bandmaps.  Since every dj1 would look the same the
logging programs would only keep the latest one, and the network filters
would stop many of the dupes.  This would break it for use in keeping the
bandmap full and also for finding qso's during the slow hours.  There is
also no way to prevent other users from spotting manually, which many dxers
who spot the rare stations do anyway.  And would not reduce pileups on rare
stations since the prefix is what is rare anyway.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net