CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 24 or 48 hours

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 24 or 48 hours
From: "Art Searle W2NRA" <w2nra@birdsandbeacons.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:25:26 -0500
> Just have a 24 hr category and a 48 hr one as
> well. That way the interest will remain with
> us  and the  Iron Men .

Oh great!  More winners.  Let see. . . in The ARRL
International DX Contest there were 23 entered
categories in US/VE and 23 entered DX categories.
That's 46 winners and you want to add 24 hour
categories so we would have 92 winners.  Maybe
that is to competitive a solutions.  Still lots of
non-winners.  Kids now play sports without keeping
score.  So as we reach our second childhood maybe
we shouldn't keep score either.  No, we have to
have winners.  I know, how about one winner per
station location.  Seriously, this debate is
silly.  Tradition is a 48 hour contest.  Let's
keep it that way!

73,

Art
W2NRA