CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 letter Abbreviations

To: "'N6KI Dennis Vernacchia'" <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 letter Abbreviations
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:06:11 -0600
If you read W0QE's commentst below you will see that the MARAC 4 letter code
for San Diego is SDGO.

The 4 digit code that was created is available to be used by all.  The
contest sponsors/administrators have the task of determining what will be
used in their contests.  Nobody said that anyone had to use it.  There is no
governing board of all Ham Radio contests that would determine such.

In my opinion it would sure be nice if there was some standardization
especially on weekends where there are numberous Qso parties and contests
using county abbrievations.

I am not sure who should have been consulted about what.  The CQP folks
changed their abbrieviations and a few folks complained and now here we are.
If you don't like the changes of a contest great.  Don't operate.  There is
no need to make nasty comments and storm off.  Things change and life goes
on.  Is it that tough to read the rules each year and familiarize yourself
with any new changes and operate and have a good time.

Mike W0MU