CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions

To: "'Paul T. Antos'" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:14:29 -0400
I remember my "TO" HB keyer and those 12AX7's and telephone relays I used
that could be heard throughout my house.  My parents could always tell when
I was operating instead of sleeping on school nights with the clicking of
those relays.  My paddle was made from two hacksaw blades, two plastic poker
chips cut to size, built on a wooden platform with rubber bands to adjust
the tension.  Ah!!!!  Them dits!!

I still have that HB paddle.  I found it in my parents'  basement  while
cleaning things out after moving my mother to an assisted living facility.
Still works after 50+ years.  The paddle was iambic, but the TO keyer was
not.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

At any rate,  *** keyboard for contesting ***, the TO keyer tubes were
12AX7's, and I was listening to the Stones first album.
FINIS

ABD

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:59 PM