CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Wireless devices, radios and logging programs

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wireless devices, radios and logging programs
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:33:30 +0000
On the wireless networking, I use wireless here with 8 logging computers, 4
webcams, 3 other computers, and various guests with their own laptops.  I
have 2 wireless access points, one for the logging net, the other for all
the other stuff.  I have occasional lockups of the access points, but no
more frequently during a contest than in between.  And running n1mm software
it picks back up and resyncs the logs automatically when the network is
restored, so its not a problem.

On the wireless keyboards and mice, each Bluetooth device is supposed to be
paired with a computer.  There is a process that syncs each device to the
computer you want to use it with, so theoretically you should be able to
have a whole office full of them and never interfere... theoretically,
because I have never tried this one... too many batteries to worry about
with all the computers around here.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net