CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CQ Contest Survey: Suggestion for discussion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contest Survey: Suggestion for discussion
From: k3pp@ptd.net (Glenn O'Donnell, K3PP)
Date: Sat Oct 19 15:19:34 2002
I just retrieved my November CQ from the mailbox about 1/2 hour ago.  It
looks like a great issue, with a Joe Walsh WB6AMU interview ... AND .... the
long-anticipated results of K1AR's contesting survey!

I want to thank K1AR for performing this valuable research.  I find it
personally valuable and it is critically important for our hobby.  I plan to
comment a lot over the next days about the topics.  I anticipate this
reflector will be awash in discussion.  This should be fun!

I'd like to suggest a means to keep the discussions organized.  It would
seem to be most efficient to have threads targeted at each question.  It's
inefficient to attempt to "boil the ocean" by spewing analysis of the entire
survey's results.  Of course, there are general issues like respondent
demographics and such, but the questions themselves would best be discussed
independently.  I suggest we use the email subject line to organize the
discussions, with a format like

     "CQ Survey #1:"

... in the beginning to reflect question number one.  This will make it a
lot easier to track the topics.

I usually don't have the time to contribute to the QRM on this reflector,
but I'm taking some vacation time over the next week and I plan to stir the
pot for some interesting (and civilized, please) dialogue.

TU ES VY 73 de Glenn, K3PP